Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Hot July Weather

Yeah, we are back to old-school climate, which means two seasons -- Winter and July.  July can be hot from stagnant air, and super-hot if fed from the Gulf.  Britain even has hot weather in July, but their beaches will be freezing.  Not a speck of warm water around there, thanks to the dead Gulf Stream.


The kids are picking cherries and I'm pitting them.  They are small, but sweet this year.


My greenhouse structure has given me my first ripe tomato before July.  Everybody else has miserable tomatoes.  Look at these things.  I took off the sides of the structure.  I'll put them back on in August.


They're over the poles!  We'll have some warmth, and then it will get cold middle of August, and then Winter.  Last year, we had a warm September because of hurricanes pumping out a lot of heat.  Might not have that this year.  Lots of oceanic warm water is moving South. 


I have found out that English Major Carbonistas can't figure this out, but I find it horrifying for my beer drinking on the dock.  Every speck of heat energy is leaving us.  Lots of 'working days' at the cottage this year.  yuck. 


No comments: