Friday, October 12, 2007

Blogworld expo

Ok, I find this funny. They are having a big blog conference in the gamblers paradise this November. They are having bloggers actually speak! Aren't bloggers uber-geeks with no social skills? Why would another blogger actually listen?

So all you blog fans, go to Las Vegas! They'll have blog exhibits! Maybe those guys in the rich blogs will get there, all expenses paid? I highly recommend that the new nuclear OPG guy attend, and then do something like the Sun blog guy. Now, that would be something I would help them with. :)

5 comments:

mnainfochair@gmail.com said...

Heh. So what do they do, sit in front of a laptop and read their own comments aloud?

Won't they be surprised when they find out 90% of their attendees are 13 year old girls...

Harold Asmis said...

I'd be a bit worried about the girls with these guys....

Anonymous said...

Now I found this funny.

Someone with this headline on their blog:

"My retirement blog. I was a geophysics engineer with a big utility, doing earthquakes for Ontario. Now, I'm pushing the new hobby of geo-fishing, which goes beyond mere catch and release. This just means putting on a hunk of Gulp on the line, feeling the bites, and contemplating the geology that made the lake."

asking this question:

"Aren't bloggers uber-geeks with no social skills? Why would another blogger actually listen?"

Which is pretty self explanatory isn't it?

Maybe not. The answer is obviously some bloggers are; but not all are uber geeks.

Uber geeks invited blogging, the rest of us use blogging to publish our content and we thank the uber geeks for doing so.

Thank you for the post and the link.

Hope you can join us in November. If you make it out the first beer is on me and you can judge for yourself.

Blog on!
Rick Calvert
CEO & Co-founder
BlogWorld & New Media Expo

Anonymous said...

errrr. Would an uber geek mis-spell invented as invited?

I rest my case.

Harold Asmis said...

OMG! A famous person has read my blog! Maybe when the money starts rolling in, and I'm helping the OPG-newguy with his blogging, then I'll go! :)