Thursday, January 2, 2014

Oklahoma M3.2 earthquake

I'm back from a cottage in Haliburton.  Wow it was -27 oC this morning!  I haven't been in these temperatures since the 70's when I used to go winter camping.  Of course, then it was -40, but who can tell the difference?  Now, since I put no weight on the 'momentum' of our last warming trend, I am convinced we are entering a new 70's-style cold time.  It will be fun to track the warmists when this 'blip' becomes a 'minor sag', to a 'cold decade', and not paying one whit to rising CO2 levels.

Anyway, where was I?  Oh yeah, earthquakes.


This M3.2 is on the outer edge of an injection zone and is totally insignificant.

ATTENTION!

We interrupt this blog to give notice of a failed Fish prediction.  We are the 'Earthquake Prediction Agency' and we are the people who prosecute Italian seismologists (just for fun).  The Fish had predicted an M7.5 up in the Alaska armpit by the end of 2013.  He used a simple two-point linear extrapolation which we think is entirely rigourous and used by climate scientists everywhere.  Nevertheless, he has failed.

OMG!  What was that?  I'm going to keep quiet from now on.  :)


No comments: