Sunday, February 13, 2011

Google Not So Pure

Article

This striking performance lasted for months, most crucially through the holiday season, when there is a huge spike in online shopping. J. C. Penney even beat out the sites of manufacturers in searches for the products of those manufacturers. Type in “Samsonite carry on luggage,” for instance, and Penney for months was first on the list, ahead of Samsonite.com.

Bear in mind that I'm totally dependent on Mr. Google.  I have no idea why he keeps up this blog for free.  That said, I'm only mentioning this because I ran afoul of the 'Judge, Jurors, and Executioners' of Googlyland.  This article shows that there may be something rotten there.

As we all know, Google ads are the slimiest thing in the world.  The latest ones are "Buy a Chinese Girlfriend".  I had these on the site, and tried to block the worst ones from Tom Cruise.  As well, nobody who reads this blog would ever really click on those ads, so I asked them to.  This gave me a nice income for wine.  But the Google-meisters slammed down and banned me for life.  No more Google-bucks.  Maybe I was guilty, but it seems that they run their own country with their own laws.  The fun of a total monopoly.

That's why I could never believe they could be so 'technically pure' with so much money at stake, so I loved this article!

No comments: