Saturday, January 3, 2009

You Got Check!

Got my Google cheque today! It's $122 Canadian dollars, which means it pays in US dollars! It's going into my fine wine fund! When we get more into our Uganda Initiative, I'll hype up the charity aspect, even though I don't think it will result in more clicks.

Speaking of this Uganda thing, it's going to be a real bitch! MS may have a strangle-hold through the US-things-pushing USAID. My expectations are lowered to merely having my son do sales pitches when he goes to Uganda. This will develop his strengths. It's not problem for us to get one or two XO's for the sales pitch.

There are some great blogs about the OLPC Nepal effort. The main difficulty is fitting in with the local concept of education. Some countries (like Nepal) follow the 'Rote-Robot' method, which wants to push out non-creative mindless tiny adults. I think they regard the OLPC as a threat, and some people are working on introducing creativity. I don't think this is the case in Uganda.

No comments: