Saturday, March 2, 2013

Bell Internet Dropping

Ok, I'm in Internet-Hell!  As per the earlier post, it all looked so happy.  Not so happy now, eh Mr. Bond?  My line doesn't stay up for half an hour on weekends.  It's all so magically time dependent.  From my reading, this is the ultimate DSL Black Hex!  Nobody has ever lived out of this!  Even now they are totally ignoring me.  "Oh, there goes another one, down that big sinkhole.  Too bad."

Now, the only advice is to keep screaming, and maybe hope this post gets to somebody intelligent.  You are supposed to go through at least 5 techs until you find somebody bright.  I'll let you know how it comes out.

Update:  Saturday was a nightmare, but Sunday has been clear.  Perhaps the giant icicle has been broken at the switch house.  If it stays clear for a week, I'll certainly report, but it would be nice to know what happened.

Update2:  I'm going to call it cured for now.

Intermittent DSL Disease -- the situation where your modem frequently hangs and must be restarted.  Caused by magic, and may go away if you complain enough.

Update3:  At last I can say it was not magic!  I phoned the top guys and they said I was on a channel experiencing very heavy traffic.  I was locked into another channel.  Thank God there are bright people!

No comments: