Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bruce nuclear waste thing mired

No earthquakes, so I'm doing my "Where are they now?" thing.  I found out that the Niagara Tunnel was still on the move, and today I looked up the Bruce nuclear waste thing.  As we recall, this underground thing is for 'low level' nuclear waste, and is going to be located in the Worst Rock in the World.  Naturally, if you look hard enough, you can always find a speck of rock that is better than the rest, and this is what they are aiming for.  They use the concept that the heavy saline water shows it is undisturbed, even though they will have to pump out oceans of water to get there.

Still, after they released their glossy report, I am pleased to say there has been no action whatsoever.  Everybody is happy with that, since I suspect there is more money in stringing this along, than actually doing it. :)


No comments: