Well, they've had it over a week, and when I phoned, they just said it wasn't ready yet. That's all! I know it isn't ready yet! He said maybe this week, but he didn't know anything about it.
The more I think about it, it was probably a power spike. These things are like those small lcd screens, extremely sensitive to power spikes. I had a chain of two surge protectors on it, but it wasn't enough. Now, I just bought a fancier new type of surge protector (for this, when I get it back) that I have on my lcd tv upstairs.
Laptops aren't as susceptible, because they have a battery to absorb the spike. These tiny things with no batteries have no way to dissipate the energy, it goes right to the motherboard!
Had this been available at Costco, I would have returned it. Something for me to remember the next time.