Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Life as an Idiot-Savant

Article

I enjoyed this article when I read it in my weekly copy of The Economist. I guess the proper term is just 'savant', although I feel like an idiot sometimes.

I'm not really a savant now, although I've been through phases. My early years involved intense programming, and reading, to the exclusion of most other things. Finally, getting married and all that crap clouded up my brain with trivialities, such as earning a living!

It's interesting how you can get back some of those abilities by temporarily stunning parts of the brain. This probably clears your mind for some genius insight. But I don't need insight anymore... I'm retired!

Makes me think how places like the old company are so hostile to savants and intellectual depressives. When politics flows through the halls, these people have no hope. A good company would protect these people.

No comments: