Thursday, April 9, 2009

Joy of a New Convection Oven

As you know, I'm retired, but I live off my wife. Now, she's way too busy earning the money in the dog-eat-dog software business, so I get to think how to spend it! This week, we replaced our 20 year old built-in oven with a new one. The old oven didn't work anymore, except as a crematorium for baked goods. The temperature fluctuated up and down like the stock market! I'm the house-husband, and I couldn't stand it any more.

So, being who I am, I couldn't just have any oven. I had to have a toy! So I got the super-fancy GE convection oven with a touch computer screen! No woman would ever buy this!

So, with the boy's help, we ripped out the old oven. It's still on the street. I hope the old scrap guy shows up soon, or I'm going to have to go through some effort! The new oven is a dream! I've made a perfect roast, cookies, and hot-cross buns, using it's 'proof' mode! I'm cooking up a storm!

Whew! Had to get that out of my system. Happy Easter everybody, and I've got a turkey, ham, and monster prime rib to deal with....

2 comments:

Harbles said...

Congratulations on your new toy.
I didn't know you were that domestic.

On a geo-physical note I found this post on an Italian Physicist's blog discussing the recent earthquake there. Apparently a scientist in Italy fairly accurately predicted the event and tried to alert the authorities who first ignored him then threatened to charge with inciting hysteria or some such.

Radon release a few weeks before quake?

Harold Asmis said...

I'm domestic only when I can use toys. Like my Roomba!

Predictions are a dime a dozen. Major earthquakes are usually preceded by little quakes or strain events which affect water wells, and release radon. Trouble is that there are lots of earthquake clusters that poof out, and lots of strain events by themselves.