Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Environmental Assessment Accepted for Pickering

Article

This for the refurbishment of the B side. The assessment is independent of whether they are actually going to do it or not.

I'm not being snarky or anything, since I'm trying to be respectable. But I remember the environmental assessment for Pickering A, and how it was heavily steeped in seismic issues. That's because the A station was never formally seismically qualified, according to the ancient mysterious laws.

But Pickering B avoids all that by merely stating that has been seismically qualified, now and forever. Case closed.

I'm not getting too much into a sweat about this, since I believe there is very little chance of the project going through. The engineering is horrendous, and the plant is shot.

No comments: