Thursday, November 20, 2008

Stress Accumulation and Relief in Ontario Rocks


Hey, I'm polishing my CV for the million-to-one chance that the old guys will pay me, and I came across this. I hope Google starts digitizing this soon, those old books are stinky! As well, I'm bored now that I'm not going to harangue OPG about their fiascoes any more.

This paper was written in my productive period, before I had to hide under a desk and accumulate my pension for the last 10-15 years. Now, with the Depression coming, I'm glad I did! The paper outlines some of our work measuring high horizontal stresses, and speculations as to the cause. This is before I discovered our stress banding in Ontario, due to the megathrusts.

I published a lot of these papers, with my mentor Dr. C.F. Lee, and maybe I can dig up some more. But I think I'll have to wait for Google until I can list everything with my name on it, since I can't remember anything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with your post but I know how you like stories of disaster caused by alternative energy projects, and it's Geology related.

Harold Asmis said...

Wow! A German mud volcano!