Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Voldie ready to gut Elections Canada

Oh, oh,
we've heard these rumblings
before! Voldie is 'losing confidence' in Elections Canada. So what about this 'independent' thing! Time to ax its head, and bring in a toadie! It may be illegal, but that hasn't stopped him before.

And regarding this article. Have you noticed it's becoming a big game with those giant 'pre' splash screens. They're hiding the 'close me' button more and more. It's getting tinier, and hidden in random corners. And everybody is doing it! Not the Fish! I pick pretty ads, and they don't bother anybody!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same linky as previous post about Alberta Con Muck.

Perhaps you refer to this fine mess?

Harold Asmis said...

Fixed it! I was more interested in the splash ad.

Anonymous said...

Ah. I'm at work ( on a break) and the pop-up blocker must be working because after about 10 sec the entire screen went dark grey for a few seconds the went back to normal, no ad. I'll try at home.

Who's voldie?

Harold Asmis said...

That's a code name for h*a*r*p*e*r

Don't want his legions of toadies descending on me, using their search engines!

Anonymous said...

Just tried it again at home. I hadn't seen that particular type of ad before. For GE promoting compact fluorescent bulbs, no mention of LED which is the real way to go but I guess they don't make them. A banner add that darkens the rest of the screen for 5 sec with the close button cleverly spaced between the background screens tool bar and window. Same for IE and Firefox.

A few months ago I'd have said you were paranoid to go with the codewords. But after seeing the petty spite and incompetence the alliance/reform/torys have demonstrated (CNSC), Elections Canada etc.) you may be justified in taking sensible precautions.


P.S. I like the new spell check. I use it, a lot , eh.

Harold Asmis said...

Wait till I start coding all my posts in Gnu Privacy Guard! (free PGP)